How Much Will You Net?
A good rule of thumb is the sale of your home will cost an average of 3% of the sales price. This includes escrow charges, title insurance, termite report, disclosure reports, home warranty, property transfer taxes and other fees related to the sale. Also add commission to real estate offices involved that range from 4-6%. Commissions go towards contracts, contract negotiations, transaction fees, marketing of the home (websites, social media, online marketing, flyers, postcards, video, photography, signs, etc.), lockboxes, fees to the agents, insurance. Commissions are always negotiable.
- Consider all the fees involved in a sale
- Seller usually pays Realtor fees/commissions
- The buyer may ask for their costs to be paid
- Some costs are negotiable with buyer
Find Out What Your Home is Worth NOW! Free and No Obligation
Jump to other important steps in the process:
- Step 1: What’s Your Home’s Value?
- Step 2: How Much Will You Net? (you are here)
- Step 3: How Should You Prepare Your Home?
- Step 4: What to Expect During the Sale?
- Step 5: What to Expect From the Buyer?
- Step 6: When Will You Have to Move Out?
- Step 7: What if You Need to Purchase Another Home?
- Step 8: Get Started