Buying an home for the first time is exciting and thrilling! You’re no longer paying your landlord’s mortgage and you can do whatever you want to the space. Home ownership is a fantastic thing, but if you’re a first-time home buyer, one of the things you will miss the most is the ability to call your landlord when something breaks. Here’s a list of the top 10 tools that any first-time home buyer should have at the ready!
- Ladder: You don’t need anything fancy, but you will need a ladder for interior and exterior projects.
- Circular Saw: The first big wood project you undertake will have you wishing you had a circular saw if a hand saw is the only thing available. There are a variety of sizes, and cost usually depends on how big of one you need. Start small and work your way up the circular saw ladder!
- Cordless Drill: You will get a ton of mileage from a cordless drill. Look for a battery-powered one.
- Hammer: Seems obvious, but you don’t want to be caught without a hammer when you’re trying to hang-up pictures or art work
- Garden Hose: That spigot outside will be a lot easier to use if you have a garden hose. Don’t forget a good nozzle too!
- Tape Measure: Tape measures are cheap and useful, so grab one or a couple to stash in your toolbox or around the house.
- Level: A level will come in handy with your hammer for hanging pictures or installing shelves.
- Screwdrivers: Since you’ll need both flathead and Phillips head screwdrivers, look for a set that has both.
- Pliers: Not all pliers are created equal, so like screwdrivers, grab a set if you can find one.
- Stud Finder: Since you’ll be hanging up a lot of stuff in your new Anaheim Hills home, spend the money on a stud finder.
Personalize your search and have access to all homes for sale in the City of Brea within the Multiple Listing Service HERE
Brea Fullerton real estate listings are updated every couple of hours as they become available on the market through the MLS, Multiple Listing Service.
[idx-listings linkid=”280742″ count=”12″ showlargerphotos=”true”]